- A 24-minute video segment on making a wall hanging. The video is in Japanese, but no language skills are necessary to understand the clear instructions, complete with labels and diagrams as only the Japanese do in their craft books. The first 12 minutes show how to make one of the showcase squares and the second half shows how to make the decorative knots.
- Pictures of different stitches to sew scrap pieces together from artist Youngmin Lee's web site.
- Bojagi is traditionally hand-pieced. Victoria Gertenbach of The Silly BooDilly provides a tutorial to create bojagi-style patchwork using a sewing machine. Mai of mairuru shows how to piece the old-fashioned way.
Must Reads (blogs that discuss bojagi)
Inspiration (Fabric Artists)
- As artful household goods: Mi-dang
- As an eco-friendly alternative to wrapping paper: Bobo Wrap
- Video tutorials on how to wrap gifts using cloth: Ungab
Where to buy bojagi and materials